Sunday, May 8, 2011

Abraham Lincoln had it right.

as abraham lincoln once said, "all that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." he had it right.


So this weeks blog is about my sweet Mom. Bet ya didn't see that one coming, did you? I know I post a lot about how I have the best mom in the world, but it's because I do. So since it's Mother's day, I thought I'd share a little more about her with the world.

My mom is..

my editor.
I don't know how you people without super human english teachers for mothers got by in life. I have learned so much more about grammar and the english language from being around her than I ever did in school. Even to this day she lets me send her my papers and she edits them. And it's not that I can't edit a paper myself, because I can, but it's just that she's still willing to do it even when I'm 400 miles away that means so much.

my inspiration.
oh gosh, that's really cheesy to say. and I know she's rolling her eye's reading this. but there's not another word that means 'she's-one-of-the-reasons-i-want-to-be-a-teacher' yes, the reason I'm going into teaching is because I feel truly called to it, and I love being able to teach children. But I wouldn't know that if I didn't have that modeled for me my whole life. I remember my mom telling someone once that, she didn't know why I was becoming a teacher since I watched her do it my whole life. But that's just the reason I am. She's an amazing teacher, both in her classroom and at home. If I become half of the teacher she is today, my students would be lucky.

my advice-giver.
Growing up, I didn't always take time to appreciate all of her wisdom and advice (like: Necco candy hearts at valentines day- the Brach's ones taste like soap) But I think now that I'm older I'm able to appreciate her a lot more. She's beautiful and brilliant, and somehow still loves me after almost 20 years.


my best friend.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again- my mom is the best friend I can ask for. She listens to me when I'm upset, hurting, stressed (and goodness knows, thats all the time), joyful, or just bored. I don't know how my days would go by if I couldn't e-mail her constantly.


In Between the Trees' song "She Is" -which still makes me cry because it's completely the sweetest song about moms- he sings:

Love is an action that she shows me often.
Even when it's not in her kisses
Blessed with a mom who puts herself after her children.
It dosen't get much better than priceless

And that's so true. Love you, Mom! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's day! I hope you realize just how much of a blessing you to me and so many others. If I grow up to be half of the woman you are, I would be so grateful. I wish I was home to spend the day with you- but I can't wait to see you in a few days! Love you!!

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet thoughts, Courtney. I love you, too!

    (now....about that editing....just sayin'...you could have let me read this before posting it, ya know?)

    :) Mom

    ReplyDelete