Tuesday, July 5, 2011

promises promises

So I'm sitting here in the hospital room, and I thought what a perfect time to keep my promise of blogging more.

I'm exhausted. Work has been busy this summer. It's awesome because we have so much amazing stuff with our sweet kids, but it's definitely tiring me out.. Please don't think I'm complaining- I'm not in the least. This is the best job I've ever had and I truly love every minute of it.

But when I'm not in the office, I'm down at the medical center with my mom. The 45+ minute long drive is definitely not fun, but there's this one part of the drive that makes it totally worth it. It's right when you go around this big curvy-loop thing (really technical term, I know), and I'm sure there's an exit or road or something I could name to identify this better, but I really don't know the names of anything in downtown because I avoid driving there any chance I can. But anyway, when you're going around this big curvy thing, there's just the most amazing view of the Houston skyline. It's breath taking. And there's this one specific moment when I look at all the buildings and I just feel so small. So insignificant. It's humbling and reminds me that there are so many things in this life bigger than my issues. Like maybe, just maybe, there's other people and places and things that matter more in this life than I do... shocking I know.

All of that to say, it reminds me of how great and magnificent our Creator is. And to think I'm just this small blip on his radar.. and yet He still loves me. Not much better than that.



---
I just went on a walk with my Mom down the hall. Please keep praying for her complete healing. We are going on over a week now that's she's been in the hospital..

However spending all this time down here has given me a chance to catch up on my reading list. I just finished The Pioneer Woman.. I love that book. I've always adored her blog, but the book was just wonderful. It made me want to marry a rugged cowboy and have his little rugged cowboy babies. I'm starting The Help next.. I've heard just perfect things about it.

Do you have any book suggestions for what I should read? Anyone? Does anyone besides my mom even read this blog?


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment