Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Get A Little Bit Stronger

Well, I've finished my first week of second semester sophomore year! And what a week it was. This semester is going to be crazy, and exciting, and trying, and stressful to say the least.. but I'm ready for it. I'm taking 18 hours which makes me want to throw up just thinking about. But it's 18 hours of classes that I'm totally passionate about. Not like you care all that much but I'm taking: integrated math & science for preschool-2nd grade (try abbreviating that one to write in your planner..), early language and literacy, an intro to reading class that is totally going to kick my tush, art for elementary teachers (no judgements, no laughing.. it's not the blow off you think it is), introduction to special ed, and Christianity in Culture. All classes that I know I will learn SO much in.. but I will definitely be working hard. But that's part of growing up, right?

Now to add even more.. I'm doing sing song this year with the sophomore class! I am so excited.. we've had a couple rehearsals so far, and they have made me realize how much I really, really miss being in choir. Plus we are trying to deal with finding a house right now. I'm going to be living in a house next year.. how crazy is that? I'm not old enough to be doing things like renting houses and paying bills. I'm definitely still a little kid playing dress up.

But all of that adds up to one stressed-out little Courtney. And if you know me at all, you know I seem to worked up over the tiniest little details. So I'm already anticipating the amount of hair that I will pull out of my head this semester. But I just need to keep reminding myself that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing..

I called my Mom wednesday night.. I was already overwhelmed by all of my classes and I just was freaking out about my workload and other stuff going on right now and she said to me "Courtney.. Remember, You are doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing." And she's so right. I spent ALL last year freaking out about whether I was doing the right thing, or if I was following God's plan for me.. or just trying to figure out what that plan was. Well, I'm still not totally sure of what that plan is. But until I have a more definite answer, I know I'm doing the right thing for me. And through all of the craziness this semester holds, I just need to hold on to that.


ps. blog title is from the Country Strong soundtrack. If you haven't seen this movie GO. I'm obsessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment